Wednesday, July 4, 2012

AGT: 7/3 The Quarterfinal 1 Results


And our first four acts into the semis are set!  Let’s see how everything shook out, shall we?

I thought for sure they were going to do the fakeout thing, and let two acts through at once, and let four acts go, but not tonight, it was a fully standard four groups of three acts, with one going through on each.

In the first group, we had Michael Nejad, Shanice and Maurice, and Nikki Jensen.  Unfortunately for my should group, none of them were here, so my record was borked from the get go.  Shanice and Maurice were on my will go, however, and I was right.  Michael Nejad and Nikki Jensen were let go, and our first act is through.

We then saw an amazing performance by Cirque du Soleil, and It was so awesome.  I’m hoping Donovan and Rebecca were taking notes, because the solo acrobat with the half shirt was incredibly fun to watch.

The second group to come out was The Scott Brothers, Lil Starr, and 787 Crew.  I was so nervous during this one, I thought one of my favorites was going down to Lil Stomper.  Nick held out for as long as humanly possible, and finally let us know:  The Scott Brothers made it through!  Not only do we get a fantastic act in the semi’s, but we don’t have to watch a little six year old attempt to break through the floor again.  This act was the only one to bust my will go list, but I don’t care, because it’s better anyway.

We then moved right into the third group, which consisted of David Garibaldi, Jarret and Raja, and BMX 10.  As soon as Howie told BMX 10 that their act was not as exciting on TV as it was live, I knew my predicition, and hope, was correct, and soon after, Nick confirmed it:  David Garibaldi is our third semi-finalist!

Between that and the final group, we saw will.i.am, who proved once again why I don’t like to listen to rap.  And that’s not even taking into account the terrible lip-syncing!

Finally, we were on to our final three groups: The Distinguished Men of Brass, Edon, and Todd Oliver.  As with previous years, the fourth and fifth place vote getters are put up to a vote with the judges, and whoever gets two or more votes moves on.  First, thought, Nick had to send the Distinguished Men of Brass home, which surprised the heck out of me.  It then came down to judges choice, Edon or Todd, will or should, singer or ventriloquist.  Howie voted first, and attempted a fakeout, but went for Edon in the end.  Howard voted second, and even though he seemed a bit on the fence, also went with Edon, so we had our fourth semi-finalist.  I’m really hoping Todd gets to come back, because I really enjoyed his act.

So, there we have it.  My score for the should go through’s is 2/4, and for the will go through’s is 3/4.  Next week, the performance show is on Tuesday, so I’ll be back on Wednesday with a recap.

No comments:

Post a Comment