Only in Obama’s new America can:
1. Politicians talk about the greed of the rich at a $35,000 a plate campaign fund raising event.
2. People claim that the government still discriminates against black Americans when we have a black President, a black Attorney General, and roughly 18% of the federal workforce is black and only 12% of the population is black.
3. Could we have had the two people most responsible for our tax code, Timothy Geithner, the head of the Treasury Department and Charles Rangel who once ran the Ways and Means Committee, BOTH turn out to be tax cheats who are in favor of higher taxes.
4. We have terrorists kill people in the name of Allah and have the media primarily react by fretting that Muslims might be harmed by the backlash.
5. We make people who want to legally become American citizens wait for years in their home countries and pay tens of thousands of dollars for the privilege while we discuss letting anyone who sneaks into the country illegally just become American citizens.
6. The people who believe in balancing the federal budget and sticking by the country's Constitution be thought of as "extremists."
7. You vote without any Identification, but need an ID to cash a check, buy alcohol or cigarettes, gain access to government buildings etc.
8. Politicians demand the government investigate whether oil companies are gouging the public because the price of gas went up when the return on equity invested in a major U.S. oil company (Marathon Oil) is less than half of a company making tennis shoes (Nike).
9. Could the government collect more tax dollars from the people than any nation in recorded history, and still spend over a trillion dollars more than it took in every year since a President has been in office and still have the nerve to complain that the government still doesn’t have enough money.
10. The rich people who pay 86% of all income taxes be accused of not paying their "fair share" by people who don't pay any income taxes at all.
11. The President whose party constantly champions the separation of church and state, and therefore protests against such things as manger scenes in public, only in that America could that president then sign a law forcing churches to pay for things which are totally against their teachings, such as birth control.
12. A President whose core constituency used the phrase “Keep the government out of my uterus” in the pro-choice debate now sign a law that forces tax payers to pay for the government to implant birth control devices in those same uterus’.
13.We have a government that purposefully kills job creating enterprises such as the Keystone pipeline, then demagogues the issue by calling on those from the other party to "play fair" and extend unemployment benefits beyond 99 weeks.
14. We have politicians claim that extending unemployment benefits, stimulate job creation.
15. The President bemoan the fact that he too is wealthy and that his taxes should be raised and yet he takes every deduction he possibly can on his tax return.