Saturday, May 5, 2012

Today in music history: 1991

Today, we find a song that I had never heard of in  my entire life:


"Joyride: by Roxette

The tune is catchy enough I suppose, and the whistling is kind of fun.  But other than that, the song is rather forgettable.

The video though?  Hilarious.

Roxette is apparently a band, with a guy that does most of the heavy lifting, and a girl that essentially writhes around in argyle pants(?!?) occasionally yelling ROXETTE!

So the premise of the video is these two sitting on various vehicles as they fake drive through greenscreened madness.  Oh, and once time, an airplane wing.  And by greenscreened madness, I mean a toy clapping monkey with a ferris wheel, and a tiny city.  They also like to stand around in the greenscreened madness, so variety!

This song was okay, but I'm confused how it made it to number one.  It doesn't seem like #1 material.

Previously on music history 1991:

Baby, Baby

You're in Love

No comments:

Post a Comment