Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The Obligatory Avengers Post


So, Joe and I saw The Avengers on Saturday.  I must say, it was freaking fantastic!

Clocking in at nearly two and a half hours long, there is a lot of plot and action to fill the time.  When we got out of the theater, I was surprised at the time, I didn’t think it had been that long at all.

The Avengers is directed and (at least partially) written by Joss Whedon, of Buffy and Firefly, and more recently, Dr. Horrible, fame.

http://drhorrible.com/    Go watch it, now!

I really liked how his humor came through in all the characters.  You wouldn’t think a giant green monster that has three lines could be funny, but I really enjoyed the Hulk, even though I never really watched any of the previous movies…or tv shows…or read the comics.  The dialogue for the rest of the cast was good as well.  Snappy, but not overly quippy, in a way that makes you think no one would ever talk like that.

The action scenes were great as well, first with the group fighting each other, then after coming together as one team to fight off Loki.

Loki was great too, and his attempted manipulation of the group was fun to watch.

My one complaint is that I don’t think they ever named Cobie Smulder’s character, Maria Hill.  If they did, it was a quick thing, but throughout the movie, you never really know who she is, besides second in command.  You would think that the second in command would have a name, no?

BUT: This movie is amazing, go see it.  See it now!  Go!

5/5 comic punches

No comments:

Post a Comment