Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Today in music history: 1994

Today, we look back to 1994, and find:


"The Sign" by Ace of Base!

OMG, I love this song sooo much.  Weirdly, I had never seen the video for it, so we'll start there.  Holy crap, 90's hair!  The bang on the blond chick were pretty much the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen.  And what was up with the brunette acting so pouty?  Also:  I totally did not realize there were two female vocals in that song, I always thought it was the same person.  Lastly:  wow, the interpretive dance the Swedes come up with, huh?  That video was basically the funniest thing I've seen today.

As for the song itself, it a fun song about breakups, of course!  I remember an episode of Full House, where Stephanie wanted to sing this with her friend Gia at the Smash Club, and Uncle Jesse tried to mentor them.  It turned into a huge disaster, and the whole thing blew up at the last possible second, and hilarity ensued.  It was great.

What do you remember about this song?

No comments:

Post a Comment