Thursday, April 19, 2012

Today in music history: 1991

And we're back, with another song from the not-so-distant past, 1991!

The song of the day is "You're in Love," by Wilson Phillips



I was intrigued when I rolled this song, I don't recall ever hearing it before.  I think 91-93 is probably my dead zone, when I was too far into Radio Aahs to even have any idea about pop music.

Anyway, this was a non-offensive song, kind of a "Hold On" light, only the two people have finally broke up, and one has moved on.

The harmonies were pleasant, the lyrics were rather...forgettable...

But the thing that really stuck out to me was the fact that Carney Wilson, the heavy-set girl, was only shown mostly in headshots.

When the footage was them singing on stage, you only saw her in the background, partially or mostly obscured.  I really hope that wasn't done on purpose.

What did you think of this song?

No comments:

Post a Comment