Tuesday, April 10, 2012

This day in Music History: 1994

I thought it might be fun to look at the number one song in a random year between 1983(cause that's when I was born) to 2000(cause that's when music REALLY started to go downhill).

Each day will be a different year, so come back each day to leave your thoughts on the song!

And without further ado:  April 10, 1994!

The number one song was....

"Bump and Grind" by R. Kelly.


So I hadn't actually heard this song all the way through, ever, so I didn't even know if I'd like it or not.

I did...not, so much.  This was totally a "Lets have sex" song, coupled with an artist who did little more that flew on stage and sing 'ain't nothin wrong with a little bump and grind'.  He didn't even do any of the heavy lifting, his backup singers did all the hard stuff

All in all, a rather lame start to this new feature, I think...hopefully, it will get better tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment