Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Today in music History: 1992

Today, as we drift again through the early nineties, we look back to a quaint year, 1992.  And when we get there we find:



"Jump Jump" by Kris Kross

Ok, I had NEVER seen the video for this, and it is pretty much the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen.  I get that backwards clothes was their gimmick, or whatever, but seriously?  That must have been terribly uncomfortable.  I know tag by themselves can drive me absolutely bonkers, can you imagine having EVERYTHING in the wrong place?  Ick ick ick.

And that's not even going into the song itself.  The boys were...not terribly good rappers.  For all their talk of flow, either they didn't have much of it, or the song didn't lend itself to it that well.  Every line seemed to be a struggle, which was odd, considering how simplistic the lyrics are.

Anyway, what do you think of this one?

No comments:

Post a Comment