Sunday, April 22, 2012

Today in music history: 1999

And the moment you've all been waiting for, our song of the day!

Today we have...

"No Scrubs" by TLC



Oh, TLC.  Everyone loved Waterfalls, and suddenly you guys were huge.  And then, everything kinda went to crap.

If I am remembering correctly, there were arsons, and arresst, and mental breakdowns...they had a crazy ride.

"No Scrubs" was one of their final hits, on their album Fanmail.  I can still sing along to the chorus, so it was rather catchy, but not nearly the hit "Waterfalls" was.

Also: Can we talk about the strange outfits in the video?  Really?  I mean, I know it was the 90's but I'm pretty sure those don't even look remotely like something anyone would wear, in or out of their right mind.


What do you remember about TLC and/or this song?

No comments:

Post a Comment