Friday, June 1, 2012

Today in Music History: 1986

Today, we look back to 1986, and find:


"Live to Tell" by Madonna.

I think this must have been a movie tie in, starring Sean Penn?  It seemed like a dumb movie, which went well with the dumb song.  It looked like someone told Madonna to behave, because she sits in a chair and pout the entire video, all while wearing a dress the women of the 1950's would call stogy.

It was terribly boring as well, just when you thought there would be a big chorus, or something, ANYthing, the song kind of peters out and dies right there on the editing room floor.

I have to admit, I still don't recognize this song at all, I'm pretty sure this is the first time I had ever heard it, which should show a bit about it's quality.

What did you think of this song?

Previously in 1986:

Addicted to love

The Greatest Love of All

No comments:

Post a Comment